Friday, June 7, 2013

Larson Gallery Guild Artist of the Month, June: Norman L. Brown, Woodcarver

Norman L. Brown






I have been a woodcarver in the Pacific Northwest for nearly 30 years, and currently have my studio in Tieton, Washington.  I specialize in carving hewn hardwood bowls.  By hand-carving rather than turning on a lathe, I can create unusual, geometric and natural shapes.  I also carve wildlife sculpture, as well as high quality hardwood spoons and spurtles.  All of my pieces are made using hand tools and traditional carving techniques.  I procure my raw materials locally in the form of logs that are otherwise destined for landfill or slash piles.

Upcoming events:
The Members Show, Larson Gallery, Opening Reception June 7th 5-7pm
June Art Fest, Chalet Place Mall, Saturday June 8th 9am-5pm
Prosser Scottish Festival, June 15;
Ye Merrie Greenwood Faire, Richland, June 29-30;
Eatonville Arts Festival, August 2, 3, 4;
Toppenish Western Art Show, August 16, 17, 18;
Yakima Farmer's Market, most Sundays, and Kittitas County Farmers Market (E'burg) most Saturdays.
 
Contact Info:
Norman L. Brown, Woodcarver
normandjanbrown@hotmail.com
(509) 678-5980
www.facebook.com/normbrownwoodcarving
www.etsy.com/shop/normanlbrown

No comments:

Post a Comment