Saturday, May 4, 2013

Larson Gallery Guild Artist of the Month, May: Rachel Dorn

Rachel Dorn




My recent work has focused on incorporating mechanical parts into my organic clay sculpture. This past summer I built a sculpture using bike parts for The SRAM pART project, a fundraiser in New York City for World Bicycle Relief. I will be continuing the mechanical/organic work this summer and into the fall as a part of my sabbatical project. You can read about my work on my blog at http://racheldorn.blogspot.com. You can see my work at my website, www.racheldorn.com or you can see my work in person at the Tour of Artists Homes and Studios on May 18 or at the Department of Visual Arts Exhibition at Larson Gallery during the month of May.
 
I teach pottery and other art classes at Yakima Valley Community College. 


No comments:

Post a Comment